Afterpay was launched in Australia in 2014 to provide customers with an alternative to traditional credit companies. It’s known as Clearpay in Uk, but it’s the same company from the same firm.
Afterpay enables you to shop at thousands of stores while deferring payments without paying interest! The procedure is similar to those of the other apps on our list. Just create a free account and link a credit card. That’s it, and Afterpay users don’t have to worry about a credit check.
Afterpay is not the stand-alone app in the market, as there are many other apps like Afterpay that offer the same service with tweaked plans and differences in retailers. let’s dig in.
Best apps similar to Afterpay (Top Alternatives)
Klarna is one of the best buy now pay later apps, similar to Afterpay, that we recommend. It allows you to spread out your purchases over time, interest-free. Klarna, like other apps, offers a four-payment plan, with 25% upfront payment required at the time of checkout, and the remaining 75% spread out over six weeks. Nevertheless.
They also have a great payment plan that allows you to pay thirty days after the time of purchase. This is helpful since you get to try items before deciding whether or not to keep them, and we don’t have to pay anything until 30 days have passed.
Klarna does have additional financing choices, however, they are identical to using a credit card, therefore we advise caution when using them, as they may report outstanding bills to credit bureaus, but they do not notify all of your payments.
Also, remember to pay your bills on time to avoid being charged late fees! Try out Klarna, a service that allows you to buy now and pay later for free.
Sezzle is one of the best apps like Afterpay that lets you buy anything and pay over four interest-free payments. It is simple to use and approves applications quickly, allowing users to purchase at more than 27k retailers and websites. Anyone can apply for Sizzle’s credit to use across all platforms.
It’s an excellent Afterpay alternative, and you can rest assured that, unlike Afterpay, it will not negatively impact your credit score. It offers a few options for paying in monthly instalments.
To complete your EMI purchase, you will get four interest-free instalments. Because the entire payments will be split, buyers will be able to get all of their preferred things from stores and online.
This makes it easier for buyers to collect all of their favorite items from offline and in-stores because the total payments will be divided over a number of months with tax.
Zip (Previously Quadpay) is an app like Afterpay that allows you to purchase stuff on a 25% upfront payment, and the remaining interest-free payments are split out over the next six weeks. The platform has no hidden fees or annual costs, although there are times when you do not pay on time.
Almost all popular websites are integrated with Zip payment, which allows you to make a payment without waiting for days for clearance. Zip is linked with thousands of retail stores and shops that sell food, electronics, and fashion, in addition to online sites and apps.
Zip Pay and Zip Money are available for accounts with a balance of less than $1000 and more than $1000, accordingly. Even if you use Zip Money for transactions over $1000, there is no charge for three months. Approximately 2 million Zip customers in Australia and New Zealand are happy with the service Zip provides.
You might like the best cash advance apps like Dave.
As the name suggests, Splitit is another great Afterpay alternative for purchasing products now and paying later. It is just like any other app on this list, but it has one feature that sets it apart from the others.
Splitit offers no interest payments, no late fees, and also no credit check. To get started, all you have to do is create a free Splitit account. Purchases are made in three, six, twelve, or twenty-four installments.
Some retailers, on the flip side, limit the number of payments you can make. Because there are no late fees, Splitit is one of the best alternatives to Afterpay.
Launched in 2017, Affirm is the Financial company that allows you to pay in chunks for purchases over $100, without interest.
This means that it’s better for purchases over $100, and you should only take out a maximum of $500 at a time. It doesn’t require credit checks or collateral, and it has very few restrictions on what you can buy or where you live.
To get approved for an Affirm loan, you’ll need a bank account or debit card. You can apply with a few different banks, but once you’re approved – you can use your Affirm balance at dozens of stores – including J.Crew, Amazon, and Barnes & Noble.
The main difference between Affirm and other installment loan providers is that Affirm is not an open-ended line of credit; rather, it works like a traditional retail store credit card.
If you make regular payments on time, you’ll be able to keep using your Affirm balance.
If you don’t pay off your balance in full by its due date, however, there are no late fees—instead, interest will accrue on what remains of your purchase until it has been paid off in full.
Yes, PayPal, the world’s largest payment platform, now lets you purchase now and pay later! The best part is that if you already have a PayPal account, you won’t have to do anything. Simply select PayPal as your payment method and then pay later. 25% of the purchase price will be required at the time of purchase, with the remaining 75% spread out over six weeks.
There’s also no interest or fees! PayPal, akin to Affirm, may run a mild credit check to see if you qualify for this option, but this will have no impact on your credit score.
PayPal has partnered with millions of brands, making it one of the most popular Buy now, pay later platforms.
The notion of Nelo is well-known among millennials. This is when you pay for a product in installments until it is fully paid for, at which time you receive the merchandise.
The “buy now, pay later” option, which is offered by apps like Afterpay, reverses this process: you select the product and pay for it in four fortnightly installments. Best of all, unlike conventional Nelo, you get to leave the store with the merchandise before making your first payment even. You make a payment every two weeks & pay no more than the item’s retail price.
This interaction is turned around by the “buy now, pay later” option, which follows by Apps like Afterpay. And unlike traditional layaway, you will leave the store with the item before making your first installment.
Perpay is a financial app that allows users to purchase and pay for things over time with simple, recurring payments. There are no monthly fees, no interest, and no credit reports. Browse the PerPay Marketplace for your favorite brands, add items to your cart, and send your application for approval.
Prepay is an app similar to After pay, which was launched in 2014, is a financial platform that allows users to buy things from specific brands and pay for them monthly split-out payments.
It’s a decent payday loan alternative where you set up your checking account and let the app fetch payments from each paycheck to cover the cost of an item.
Perpay can estimate the appropriate spending limit for you, depending on the info you submit in your profile. Prepay charges no fees or interest for purchases, however, interest charges may be subject to a $35.
One of the best companies like Afterpay is Open Pay. The Open pay service is currently available in several online shops. With Open Pay, you can buy up to $10,000 in products and get up to a 12-month financing period. Once Open pay verifies your information, you can jump right in and shop at any of Open Pay’s partner retailers.
Startup by choosing a payment plan that fits your budget; you’ll pay your first installment while checkout and any leftover balance will be paid over the next month or week.
Zebit is an eCommerce company based out of San Diego, California, committed to making a fundamental change in the lives of over 120 million credit-challenged consumers in the United States. It provides them access to a huge array of products and the ability to pay for those products over six months with no hidden fees or fines. Undoubtedly, Zebit is one of the best apps like Afterpay to pay overtime on an assortment of products.
Launched in 2015, it is already available across 50 states in the United States. So far, the company has racked up over $90 million in funding from venture capital companies since it took off public on the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) in October 2020. (Ticker ZBT).
Do you want to sell your products on Zebit? Reach Zebit’s 1MM+ customers, who browse through 120,000 items in 25+ categories, including electronics, furniture, home goods, clothing, and much more.
In this day and age, sticking to a family budget is super difficult. Many people are on tight budgets and are always on the lookout for better alternatives and good deals.
Apps like Afterpay and others allow almost anyone to use a flexible payment method to shop on thousands of products on a pay-over-time scale. Yet, there are a few factors to take into account. Because most companies charge interest, it’s important to consider whether the interest is worth the purchase.
Some services, on the other hand, are worth using, as they allow you to split out your payments over a longer period. It’s also worth mentioning that these are credit services, meaning you’ll have to apply and get approved. Your credit score can have a positive or negative effect if you fail to pay on time.
Flexible payment terms are usually welcome in an era when unemployment is common and people are frequent debt payers. Such services give everyone a more flexible payment option, which is beneficial to both consumers and businesses.